Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day in the Life

Day in the Life of THE Elizabeth Johnsons
By: Anna Marie Mattox

STUDENT

"You Scared the heck out of me! I thought I was in trouble." Christian
 6:40  Wake up. Very sluggishly, begin getting ready.
  Grab the keys to the GT. I have to be sure to listen to some Poison on the way to school.
  Get to School. Listen to whatever incredible story Spencer has to tell, and play a game of “Guess What’s in My Jacket Pocket” with Brooke.
  Art II with Elizabeth Johnson! Time to do some cool stuff with Jordan and Lakyn while Andrew complains about “not being creative.”
  Chemistry! Learning about things that “matter.”
        :Spanish II. Hola Seńor Fugitt. ¿Que Pasa?
:Ag Construction. Me versus one wild group of boys. Gotta love Wyatt’s stories about driving his Kubota a million miles per are! (Thank you Toby, for keeping me sane!)
:Trig. Longest class of the day. Algebra and Trig make me dizzy.
Lunch-I sit with BJ, Bacon, Paul, Laurel, Polo, Max, and Spencer. Lunch  is never boring.
        :AP History- My favorite class. It provides the most comic relief, but we still learn about Jimi Hendrix way back in 1894.
        :AP English-Andrew, do you have any gum? Time to read some essays, and write some response essays.
  Practice. Working hard for the win, Lady Jacket Basketball rules.
  Fire the GT up for the drive home. Set the radio on 100.1. It is impossible to drive a sweet car without rock music.
  When I get home, I’m greeted by my dog, Pistol. I then do whatever chores that need to be done.
  Dad gets home and Mom is just finishing another delicious meal. After eating, we all watch TV. Sarah tunes out on her DS. Mom falls asleep in her chair. That leaves just me and Dad. We hold entire conversations using only Will Ferrell movie quotes, and watch 2 or 3 episodes of Tosh.O!
 Time for bed! I cant wait to fall asleep and have sweet dreams of Bret Michaels! 

TEACHER
Mrs. Johnson being her crazy self!
4:00 am – I am awakened by my elderly and near-toothless cat, who lately insists on sitting unbearably close to my head on the pillow. Try to go back to sleep, but it usually doesn’t happen.
Get up and take “simple dog” and “helper dog” out.  A brief dog party ensues after coming back into the house.  Happy, wagging tails all around.  
Grab a quick shower & get dressed before the rest of the brood wakes up.
Fix breakfast and get lunches packed for my sons and myself .
7: Arrive at school bright and early to start the day.  I am greeted by Ms. Fugitt with a cheery “Hello, Johnson!”
Watch a still-groggy Zach Combs enter the building just mere seconds before the tardy bell rings. 
  Begin the teaching day and spend time with some pretty amazing and creative young people all day long.
– “That’s what she said”….
– Eat lunch and wonder if there is such a thing as bacon flavored Pez. 
Arrive home.  Thinking I am a stranger, my simple dog barks at me because even after a million times, he doesn’t recognize me when I come through the door. I pretend to be a stranger, talk to him in a weird voice just to confuse him even more.
Start a load of laundry, feed some hungry pets; fix dinner to feed the hungry family.
Start the process of herding the children toward their respective beds for bedtime.
11:00 pm – I go to bed, read a book and try to go to sleep before waking up at 4:00 am again with the cat on my head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment